Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mothers Day Out!

I mentioned this in my last blog, but I went skiing on the greatest powder day of the year. My sweet husband, who usually makes his way to the slopes on mornings like this one, had agreed the week before to watch Sawyer for a few hours. Little did he know what he was giving up. Poor guy. My friend Laurie and I hit the slopes for the morning and we had a blast in the shin to knee deep snow. Despite the burning thighs and quite a few falls, it was such a great time. MANY thanks to the husbands for giving up the powder for their wives.
Freedom!!!
So fun!
My friend Laurie all smiles on the last run of the day.
Super Dad! While we were knee deep in snow at the resort, Rob was knee deep in snow at home. We have to shovel the back patio so Truman can make it to the backyard - and so it doesn't collapse under the weight.

2 comments:

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

oh my, do I dare show Mike. He might have a slight stroke if I show him all the snow. we're jealous.

Messy and Wonderful said...

wooohooo!!! mommies' day out rules!!!! so fun! tell sawyer not to grow up so fast... it's not allowed. :-(

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails