Saturday, May 24, 2008

I'm a slogger!

I know, I know. I haven't blogged in over a month. I am a slacker blogger and have therefore given myself the title of slogger. I am the reason several of my friends are blogging now, and I am the slogger of the bunch.
SO much has happened in the last month - too much to place on the blog, but I will attempt to give you a few highlights. Since my last blog entry, here's what's been happening with the Andersons!

Rob turned 34 and four days later, I turned 34. Unfortunately, both of our birthdays were only days before the Park City Young Life 20th Anniversary and Fundraiser. As most of you know, this is pretty much the only time each year when my easy going husband stresses. The event was a huge success despite a few technical difficulties and a bit of craziness. We raised a great deal of money and follow-up is happening right now.

I got a new camera for my birthday, and Rob got new fishing waders. He has been like a giddy school boy just itching to use his new waders. He's been leaving them in his truck just in case he happens to be by a river or stream and has some time to jump out and cast a few. In fact, he is using them right now; he and Pete went fly fishing in Heber this morning.

Our good friend Kate had major hip surgery as you might know from her blog (The Fischers). Their dogchild Vidalia came to stay with us for the week. I don't know who had more fun, Vidalia, Truman or Sawyer. Truman and Vidalia wrestled constantly while Sawyer played in Vidalia's crate (see pictures). Despite the fact that he has tons of toys, Sawyer prefers to play with things like sticky notes, the remote control, and dog crates.

Baseball season ended! Praise the Lord. This was Rob's 9th year coaching baseball at the high school, and the season seemed longer than ever. The team only played three, that's right, three home games because of all the snow still on the field. That makes for a lot of travel, especially here in Utah where all the schools are hours away. Needless to say, it is good to have Rob back, and he is extremely glad to be back.

Rob and I are playing on a co-rec softball team on Friday evenings. We have had three games so far, and it has been really fun. We pondered on the way to the game last night about how we had a babysitter at home, and instead of going to a movie or a nice dinner, we were wearing cleats and headed to the softball field. Funny. It is perfect, and it is very important for us to play together. It is great for our marriage! Also, Rob thinks I am very attractive after making a play at second base. Go figure.

The snow finally melted!!! Oh how sweet it is to see the grass and other signs of summer. It has been a long winter! We have spent several weekends in a row working in the yard. It's been so fun, and Sawyer LOVES playing outside. In the mornings, we sit on the back patio and watch the hummingbirds play - we have one little dude who guards our feeder and won't let the others near it. Rob makes fun of me because I shoo him away so the others can have a drink. It's fun.

I got a new (used) mountain bike and sold my old one. My "new" one has full suspension!!! I am in heaven on rides now! We also got a little hybrid trailer for Sawyer. It hooks to the back of our bikes, so now Sawyer can go on rides with us. It is awesome - he just kicks back with his sippy cup and some toys and enjoys the ride. It doesn't get much better than that.

Lastly, and most importantly for the family, here is an update on the little man. Sawyer now has six teeth! A month and a half ago he barely had one, and his sixth one broke through this week. He will walk along the furniture all day long and take one step on his own, but that is it; he still prefers to crawl everywhere and has perfected the speed crawl. He says dog, dada and ball, as well as a lot of gibberish. He points at everything and says things, but no one knows just what. He LOVES to eat - he takes after his mom and dad. He loves to do anything outside, and he loves to play with balls. His newest thing is making car noises as he pushes his cars around - I think he picked this up from the Sweeney boys. Also, he will sit by the pantry door and point and yell because that is where the animal crackers are stored. I stopped nursing about two weeks ago, and Sawyer is now digging the whole milk (he wanted no part of it at first).
I watch him constantly and become giddy inside over the most trivial things - the way he eats, his funny facial expressions, as he crawls all over Truman, his little giggle. I LOVE that he is beginning to cuddle and will sit with me and read an ENTIRE book. I love him.

Let the pictures roll. Other random photos include Mother's Day and pictures from a wedding of a good friend.



















6 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

Well, it's about fricking time! We thought you were dead. OK, we knew you weren't dead because we've been teaching Sawyer lots of things at our house :-)

Glad to see you blogging again. Keep it up. Yes, you are the reason that I blog!

Kelly Bowman said...

Christa, precious pictures, love your hair. Sorry I missed your birthday, I can't believe I forgot. Love you, miss you, come to Houston!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the sad cowboy pic! Sawyer is saying...I want to go to SLC so Miss Jess can babysit me!!!

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

Glad to hear the Anderson update! Love ths pics...

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Happy belated birthdays. Sawyer, those are the prettiest front teeth. Good things come to those who wait!! Miss you both

Devin and Tiffany said...

Loved the update, it is fun to hear how life it in PC, I still miss it there!! Sawyer is a cutie and looks like lots of fun! I love when the discover new things and make new noises, so much fun being a mom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails