Friday, September 26, 2008

FORE!!!

The annual Young Life Golf Tournament was held a little over a week ago. In the past I have been unable to help out or play in the tournament because of work, but this year I got to do both. I actually got to play in the tournament, and I got to play with my friends on the one and only women's team in the entire tournament. OK, "play" might not be the best way to describe what my team did on the course that day, but we did laugh a lot, some of us cussed a lot - Shelley, and we had a great time. Not only that, but we got last place! Usually last place means no prize and no bragging rights, but because of some generous donors this year, all teams received a prize - including our last place team. We all got new golf bags - not your typical prize for last place! Woo Hoo. The great thing is, all of us needed new golf bags. That 's not something you buy when you only play a few times a year, but now that we have new bags, we want to get out there and put them to good use.
We are looking forward to next year, and we are ok with the fact that we might receive last place once again. Who knows, maybe we'll be awarded new clubs!

On a sidenote - I ended the tournament with the same ball I started with. For those of you who don't play golf, this means nothing. For those of you who do, that's right, one ball for all 18 holes, and there is a lot of water, backyards, and crazy out of bounds areas on the course. I don't mean to brag - ok, I do.

I lost that ball two days later when Rob and I played nine holes on the same course. Bummer.

The only women's team. We look better than we play.

The last place winners and their new golf bags!

Rob sporting the pants I begged him not to wear.

2 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

You're stylin!

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

First, Mike would totally have worn those pants too.
Second, since your ball travels so straight at no more than a few yards at a time, it is easy to keep the same ball. :) I know this and you know this b/c of my own pitiful golf game.
Third, if your team plays again next year, take all of our donation money for the last place prizes. That's just awesome that you still came out a winner. Miss you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails