Saturday, March 1, 2008

Ode to Spring!

I am sitting here in my pajamas wearing socks and a sweater as well, so I decided to write an ode to spring. Ok, so it doesn't necessarily follow the exact format of an ode, but you get the idea. I don't really hate winter, but I am experiencing some serious spring fever right now.

ODE TO SPRING
by Christa Anderson

Welcome March and your sweet friend, Spring;
the sun is peeking eagerly through the clouds.
When will the birds once again sing
their delightful tunes and songs so loud?
I have grown weary of cold and weary of snow,
I want to put my Smartwool socks away.
The lifts are still open and slopes busy, I know,
but I'm done - don't want the snow to stay.
Green grass, Aspen leaves, when will you return?
Flip flops and bathing suits, where did you go?
I am so ready for a good old sun burn,
a tank top and pink polish on my toes.
Sweet March pave the way for April then May,
Spring, make your presence known here.
Make the snow disappear, put all sweaters away!
Winter, we'll see you next year.

6 comments:

Jessalyn said...

Christa - I didn't realize you were a poet! :) You need to come visit me more down here in SLC for a little bit of relief.

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Today is 70 degrees and we're expecting rain, sleet, and snow the next 2 days. I agree, I'm ready for Spring too. But Spring means work for me. Not fun.

Go Fisch said...

Kate hates the winter. Love your Ode.

Messy and Wonderful said...

Sweeneys have cabin fever too. We miss the warm sun! Nice poetry.

Mountain Mama said...

Wow! I am impressed. Nice poem. Can't agree with you more! I enjoy the 4 seasons but it is time for this one to be DONE!!! Good news is that we are seeing more and more of the trees and corral fencing. Ahh melting snow.

Anonymous said...

HA! I am about to go to bed, but i checked my email one last time and you will never guess who sent me a message... well actually you will guess it right immediately.

"the kevin"

Don't worry I did not respond, but it was a gem of a message. I'll call ya 'bout it tomorrow probably.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails