Monday, July 28, 2008

Tis So Sweet...

It is so sweet to see Jesus all day, every day, in everything that is happening here at Crooked Creek. Isn't that the way life is supposed to be - that we should see and recognize the presence of Jesus in all things. However, that is definitely NOT how I live my life on a daily basis back home. Since it is easier to just "be" here at camp with no phones, no busy schedules, and none of the craziness of life that comes from day to day, God has clearly been speaking to me - or more appropriately, I have been listening. I love being here and will return home renewed and committed to growing in the ways God is stretching me.
My sweet husband who has been working his tail off all month will probably return home tired and ready for a vacation. God has truly blessed Rob with so many gifts, especially the gift of humor, and it is so much fun to see him in action here at camp. God is truly using Rob and his team to break down walls with these kids. I am amazed by my husband and didn't think I could love him any more than I did already - but I do!

At Say So for week two, 133 kids stood up to declare that they began a relationship with Christ while here at camp. INCREDIBLE!!! God is good! Here are a few more pictures from week two at camp. Again, they are mostly pics of Sawyer. However, I did include a few of Rob in character. One of his characters is a super hero named Iron Man and his introduction is this:

"I am Iron Man. I carry double barrelled irons and starch in a can. Whenever I see an evil crease, I flatten it with one of these (his irons) Mary Kate or Ashley."
His sidekick is Helium Guy. He is armed with a fist full of balloons and hands that fly. He makes balloon animals - mostly snakes and birds of prey.
Oxygen girl joins them later.
Obviously it is not even close to being funny to you guys, but they are very good at being super heroes and very good at making the campers laugh! There is also a picture of one of Rob's characters, Manna Montana - he's a mountain man from Montana who lives in a van down by the river. It's a spoof from Chris Farley's motivational speaker character. Again, very funny!!! I don't have pictures yet, but Rob also plays a Cub Scout named Sherman who is trying to earn his Science badge.

Other pictures include our entire assigned team, the work crew, and Sawyer hanging with his peeps - all the cute girls that love on him constantly.

This is my favorite picture ever!!! What cute boys!















9 comments:

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

We miss the Andersons!! Glad you are doing well. Love, the Joneses

Messy and Wonderful said...

Truman's having a great sleepover at the Sweeney's... he says, "thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump, thump...."

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

St. Louis is a great place to vacation after camp-Tell Robb.

Unknown said...

Hi..i love your camp posts. Makes me miss YL camp so much. God truly has blessed your husband with humour; i still remember the sounds of laughter coming from the kids at LHS when he and angie did their skippy the fish skit. since we started supporting YL financially, my husband has been very curious about camp. i'm hoping we can go as adult guests next year when we return to the states. ken would love manny montana b/c he LOVES that chris farley character. have an awesome month - we'll continue praying for kids and all of you!

Anonymous said...

It was so fun to meet Zach the week we were at Frontier. When he told us you guys were at CC...Ty & I both DIED!! It would be so fun to see you guys for a week of camp, and I can't even imagine how great Rob is on program. We must see him in action sometime!!

Love your thoughts about such purposeful living for Christ and how difficult it can be to transfer that home. I am always thankful for the clear and simple vision of Young Life: Love God and love others. Praying that simplicity and purpose for both of us as we return to TX and UT!!

Enjoy your final two weeks...I'll be praying for you guys!!

amy

jocelyn said...

What a sweet kid! It is great to hear from you! Now we can easily stay posted on eachother's life!

Tara said...

You have a new hair cut! It is very cute. We will have to get together during the week of the 18th when I am back in the building but before school starts!
Much love!
Tara

MTN said...

Is Rob auditioning for Nashville Star in that outfit?

Go Fisch said...

Rob looks good as a cowboy.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails