Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week One at Crooked Creek

The Andersons are loving life here at camp and just finished week one as the first 400+ campers left last night. Almost one hundred kids stood up last night at what we call SAY-SO. (It comes from Psalms - "Let the redeemed of the Lord say so.") Around a hundred kids gave their lives to Christ this week while at camp. It doesn't get any better than that!

The new group of 400+ campers arrives today starting at 2pm. I know, a very quick turnaround. So, here we go again for another round of hard work, crazy excitement and fun, and most importantly, kids seeing, hearing about, and experiencing the amazing love of Jesus Christ!

Sawyer LOVES it here and it is obvious why. He gets to play outside all day long, he is loved on constantly by young kids and older kids, he gets to swim, play with the horses, dance to music, eat amazing meals, play in the sand, run around - everywhere, swing, go on bike rides, and take in all the excitement around him. Life will seem dull once we return home from camp.

Rob is in charge of program, so he is working extremely hard each day, especially at the beginning of each week when the schedule is packed with activities. He is so gifted and talented and does an amazing job! You will see in the pictures that he plays a few characters as part of the program.

It is difficult to describe all that happens here at Young Life camp! Nothing compares to it! Let me just say that these facilities, the work crew (high school aged kids), the summer staff (college aged kids), the assigned team (Young Life staff and their families - like us), the property staff (those who live here and run camp all year round), and this setting in the Colorado Rockies - all of this gives the kids who come each week an amazing picture of Jesus and the Kingdom. Hundreds of kids will come to know Christ while we are here - and we get to watch it happen and play a small role in the process! I am thankful to the Lord for calling us to this ministry, equipping us, and allowing us to be a part of his work. Thankfully, we don't save kids - He does!!!


Most of these are pictures of Sawyer. I will update later with pictures of camp and the events.













8 comments:

Messy and Wonderful said...

It's about time we hear a word from the Andersons!!! We miss you guys! So good to see pictures and hear that things are going well.

Do I need to ask how you're doing on the assignment I gave you???

Anderson, Party of Five! said...

Sweeney - Thanks for the comment! We miss you too! Sorry to hear about Andrew's arm - poor guy - poor mom! Surprisingly, I am doing well on the assignment. Thanks for checking in!

Anonymous said...

I so wish I was there....looks like a blast!!

Keepin' Up with the Joneses said...

I agree...you are missed! Good to hear from you all. Much love to the Anderson family!

Melissa (aka Kitty) said...

Love the Cowboy Look. I had forgotten you guys had to the Camp again. Enjoy your time there.

Devin and Tiffany said...

I miss going to camp. I bet it is different being there as a mom! I will be praying for you guys. Maybe we can make a trip up there to see you, what do you think? It is only a few hours away!

CB said...

Way too cute!!!
I am excited about leaving...but I guess the true test of faith is leaving with no one to rent to! ;)
I am leasing it for $1300

Anonymous said...

Christa,

Ty & I just returned from Frontier as adult guests. I LOVE YL camp!! I would have loved to have seen you all...wrong camp:(

I will be praying for you guys...man, there are no easy jobs on assignment. Praying for patience and energy and health. What fun to see the gospel unfold and to see Jesus change hearts and lives.

I know that cool mountains are nothing new for you, but it is KILLER coming back to Texas today!

Enjoy it! love-amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails