Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Faith Without Deeds is Dead...

God is drilling this into my head and heart right now. I know what it means, but I don't know what this is REALLY going to look like in my life. And I know that I am not LIVING this out the way God desires me to. God is expecting more from me right now. He is calling me to be a "lion chaser" (read the book In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day), truly obedient, a NO EXCUSES, faithful servant! 


What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? 15Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. 16If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? 17In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.    James 2:14-17


By doing nothing for those in need, I am basically saying, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed."


"Hang in there, ok."


Right. There are MILLIONS who are not well and not fed! 


Faith without action is DEAD.


Lord, what will you have me do?

2 comments:

Erik and Amanda Hansen said...

Oh, friend! I love your heart! I want to hear more about what God is doing in you! You must read our pastor's book. It is called "Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From the American Dream" by David Platt. It is mind-blowing, heart-breaking and life-changing and hits hard on this topic!

Love you!

Messy and Wonderful said...

ROARRRRR!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails